Indirect Tax Associate
PMBA is a trusted provider of specialty tax services. With over 25 years of experience, PMBA delivers exceptional and innovative services including - but not limited to - Federal and State Tax Advisory Services, Software Implementation, and Asset Recovery. PMBA’s well-rounded team of “Big 4” alumni and tax professionals are dedicated to bringing seamless solutions so businesses can rest assured that their most complex tax challenges are in good hands.
This candidate will join our Indirect Tax group assisting companies of all sizes with compliance, controversy, and consulting services for various Indirect Taxes, including but not limited to sales & use tax, telecommunications taxes, and excise taxes.
Life at PMBA
At PMBA, we are committed to providing our associates with work-life balance, professional development, and career growth. In what would take several years at a large firm, our associates receive client-facing responsibilities, exposure to multiple taxation specialties and industries, and opportunities to lead conversations or present at industry events. Our team is a dedicated, diverse, and fun group of individuals eager to help achieve PMBA’s ultimate vision of becoming the most trusted specialty tax providers.
Position Responsibilities, Qualifications, & Skills
- Must have an interest in taxation services
- Familiarity with accounting concepts
- Ability to take direction, absorb information quickly, and problem-solve
- Assess clients’ indirect tax burden and recommend best practices that will support their overall business objectives and strategic compliance with all applicable tax laws
- Assist clients with sales tax registrations
- Excellent communication with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. writing memos, researching tax laws, applying principals, and relaying information)
- Assist with the analysis of purchase transactions to identify sales tax refunds
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking (e.g., proactive, identify and implement solutions for greater efficiencies)
- Willing to work under tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Hardworking and reliable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Indirect tax experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) as well as eCommerce platforms (e.g., Shopify, Magento) is a plus